Chicago is world-renowned for our Deep Dish Pizza so we at McCook Cold Storage thought that we absolutely must check out the 2015 Pizza Expo in Las Vegas. Although we did not exhibit at the expo we were not disappointed with an abundance of pizza samples with more toppings than you can imagine.
We were lucky to meet several of the buyers and distributors of ‘anything pizza’ and related products. Even better, we ran into a few of our own customers which was a real thrill. Our customers that were there use our cold-storage services in Chicagoland to warehouse their crust and topping ingredients among other items.
Refrigerated Turnkey Operation from the Midwest…
Since our inception in 2006, McCook Cold Storage has been providing temperature controlled supply chain functions for many businesses involved in a diverse range of temperature sensitive products. Our facilities and expertise include the following benefits:
- Multiple temperature zones to accommodate different perishable storage requirements.
- Inventory management and regular reporting overseen by our dedicated Inventory Manager.
- Order fulfillment through our Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Experts in FEFO (First Expired, First Out) based on your product shelf life.
…Complemented by our Refrigerated Transportation Services
We offer refrigerated shipments virtually anywhere in the continental United States. All of our reefers are monitored in order to maintain a consistent temperature range for cooler type products or frozen goods. Check out these features of our services:
- Multiple LTL lanes from Chicago and surrounding area.
- Dedicated LTL refrigerated service as opposed to carriers who provide only FTL (full truck load) temp-controlled lanes.
- Cross-dock capabilities for products with a quick turnaround time.
- Full truckload shipping for multiple vendors to the most common trade lanes on a daily basis.
McCook Cold Storage can handle all of your temperature controlled products safely and efficiently. As a member of the AIB, we are inspected for food handling compliance with our latest score of 940 out of 1000. Contact us and our team of professionals will provide you with more information.
Oh, and back to the pizza… One might think that we had enough pizza in Las Vegas for the next month or more. As luck would have it, the day we returned to the office we were having a baby shower lunch for one of our employees. In our absence, someone decided that it would be convenient to order….you guessed it- pizza! Contrary to the catchphrase, we now know that ‘what happens in Vegas doesn’t necessarily stay in Vegas.’